[SDL] ANNOUNCE: Crimson Fields 0.1.3

Jens Granseuer jensgr at gmx.net
Fri Apr 27 03:16:50 PDT 2001

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, you wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have installed the C-Forge development IDE and have installed V1.2 of the
> SDL libs.
>
> When I compile my program, I am confronted with these error msgs! :
>
> /usr/lib/libSDL.so: undefined reference to 'pthread_create'
> /usr/lib/libSDL.so: undefined reference to 'pthread_cancel'
> /usr/lib/libSDL.so: undefined reference to 'sem_destroy'
> /usr/lib/libSDL.so: undefined reference to 'sem_wait'
> /usr/lib/libSDL.so: undefined reference to 'sem_post'
> /usr/lib/libSDL.so: undefined reference to 'pthread_mutexattr_setkind_np'
> /usr/lib/libSDL.so: undefined reference to 'sem_init'
> /usr/lib/libSDL.so: undefined reference to 'pthread_sigmask'
> /usr/lib/libSDL.so: undefined reference to 'sem_trywait'
> /usr/lib/libSDL.so: undefined reference to 'pthread_mutexattr_init'
> /usr/lib/libSDL.so: undefined reference to 'sem_getvalue'
> /usr/lib/libSDL.so: undefined reference to 'pthread_join'
> /usr/lib/libSDL.so: undefined reference to 'pthread_cond_timedwait'

These all look like pthreads issues.

Are you using the standard $(shell sdl-config --libs) in your library
variable(s) in your makefile(s)?

Also... do you have libpthreads installed? ;-)

> I am running Linux Mandrake 7.2 and I un-installed the V1 of the SDL libs
> that came with it before installing V1.2.
<snip>
> I know the program works, because I wrote it when I used SuSE Linux 7 and
> wrote the code in K-Develop but have moved over to this current Linux (much
> better I think!)

I use Kdevelop on Tux Typing, and I know that some of the information which has
been linked from the SDL site is not completely correct.

For Kdevelop (and maybe someone needs to update the Linux FAQ to reflect this,
hint, hint ;-) you need to go to your Project Options dialog, select the
"Linker Options" tab, and under the "Additional Flags" section add the
following:

$(shell sdl-config --cflags) $(shell sdl-config --libs)

--
Sam "Criswell" Hart <criswell at geekcomix.com> AIM, Yahoo!: <criswell4069>
Homepage: < http://www.geekcomix.com/snh/ >