[SDL] Possible race condition in SDL_mixer

Olivier Dagenais olivier.dagenais at canada.com
Wed Apr 11 18:34:42 PDT 2001

Hello all.
All the games that are playing fullscreen on BeOS have a serious bug.
For example, let's say that you are playing a board game which features a
grid of 8x8. When you click on the 4,7 rectangle, the actual action will
take pleace on 3,5. This is just an example, the point is that the clicked
action is taking place about 128 pixels left and above from where you
clicked. I assume this is an SDL bug, as it happens to all SDL games ported
to BeOS and only when they are played fullscreen.
I hope that someone fix this, as my skills in C are not that advanced yet.
We also need to "connect" SDL with the new BeOS GL. :-)

Sam, I hope your vacations were nice! :)
Don't worry about SDL_net, image and ttf. With the help of my husband, we
were able to compile them under BeOS (freetype 1.3 needed some hacking in
order to compile) and I have made the libs available here:
http://www.bebits.com/app/2104

Thanks,
Eugenia