[SDL] experimental SDL 1.2 for Win CE

prof-rhino at gmx.net prof-rhino at gmx.net
Tue Apr 10 01:54:52 PDT 2001

Torsten Giebl wrote:
> With SDL you can write Games for MAC Classic, MAC OS X, IRIX. You all know that :=)
> What Audio Quality does a Mac and an IRIX have ??? CD Quality 16Bit/44100Hz/Stereo or more
> or less ???

Related question:
Audio support in SDL appears to imply multi-threaded
programming (unless I have misinterpreted the documentation,
which is possible), but also, threads don't seem to be
supported on the Mac (?).  If you can do audio on the Mac,
both statements can't be true can they?

Anyway, I'm still working on a game engine design and
haven't really determined whether or not threading is
required.  Right now the inclusion of audio seems to
imply threads, so there's no reason to avoid them, and
there are some advantages to running the video blitting
in a separate thread from the game logic.  However, I'd
prefer not to lose the Mac platform -- so I'm not sure
what that requires of my design.

Any suggestions or pointers would be appreciated!

Thanks
--
Terry Hancock
hancock at earthlink.net