[SDL] Accelerated 2D APIs [was: Re: hw filled polygons & hw l ines]

David Olofson david.olofson at reologica.se
Thu Dec 7 09:08:23 PST 2000

Wed, 06 Dec 2000 Mark Kimsal wrote:
> Martin Donlon wrote:
>
> > Well theres personal tastes to consider as well. 3D characters are chunky and
> > badly textured. Graphics wise, gimme Street Fighter II's handdrawn look over
> > Tekken's pancake faced, bandy legged look, anyday.
>
> Somebody pass me the syrup cuz I see some motha-oompin pancakes!
>
> http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/cgi-bin/image.cgi?/tekkentag/info/ps2-7.jpg
> http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/cgi-bin/image.cgi?/tekkentag/info/ps2-1.jpg
> http://ps2media.ign.com/media/news/image/tekken/ttt151.jpg
> http://ps2media.ign.com/media/news/image/tekken/ttt153.jpg

*hehe*

I guess these shots aren't from the version Martin was thinking about...

Or we're the ones with very low standard! ;-) These characters are quite a bit
more detailed than the ones in Quake III. (However, the shots don't tell how
carefully the characters are animated...)

//David

`----------------------> http://www.linuxaudiodev.com/maia -'