[SDL] CVS update (resizing windows)

Sam Lantinga slouken at devolution.com
Sat Apr 29 09:33:22 PDT 2000

> You da man :-)

Thanks. :)

> I can look at the Win32 resize implementation.

It should be fairly straightforward - accept the SDL_RESIZABLE flag,
and if that's set on the video surface, allow resizes and call
SDL_PrivateResize() when they happen.  It might be a little complicated
by the fact that DirectDraw surfaces will be invalid.

This is a general problem for the fullscreen toggle too.  The DIB code
should be fairly straightforward - just change the screen resolution
and window style, but for DirectDraw, my impression is that you have to
create the primary surface anew, and one of the requirements of the
fullscreen toggle is that the pixel surface doesn't change pitch or
address.

If you think of a better way to handle the DirectDraw primary surface,
let me know! :)

See ya!
	-Sam Lantinga, Lead Programmer, Loki Entertainment Software