[SDL] Fullscreen problems

Sean Thomas Middleditch sean.middleditch at iname.com
Fri Apr 28 08:50:19 PDT 2000

I don't know if this has been asked yet, I'm new here... ;-)

I've just upgraded to XF86 4.0 and the new nVidia drivers.  All SDL apps
that use fullscreen act REALLY weird... the whole screen turns black, and a
blank window is opened in the middle of the screen.  The program still
accept input, so ESC or Q or whatever exits the problem, and clicking on
the close button on the blank window sometimes closes the app.

I've tried this with UT using SDL, glTron, and the SDL demo apps, and it's
all the same.  Someone said it might be because SDL uses DGA, and XF86 4.0
only has DGA 2.0, not 1.0.  Is there a way to disable ALL use of DGA in
SDL, at least until XF86 4.01 is out (which should reenable DGA 1.0)?  And
will SDL make use of the new DGA 2.0?

Thanks,
Sean Middleditch