[SDL] Exposing clipping function

Mattias Engdegård f91-men at nada.kth.se
Thu Apr 27 11:07:41 PDT 2000

>Yeah -- is SDL's clipping routine really optimized enough to make doing it
>worthwhile?

If it isn't, then it should be fixed, right? There is no point in having
code in SDL not fit for use. Perhaps the user could set a clipping rectangle
that defaults to the whole screen. Rewriting the RLE blitting/clipping
routines are on my TODO list, but not at the top at the moment :-)

> IMO you'd be probably better off writing your own localized
>clipper.

It is true that domain-specific clipping will be required for the cases when
your region is non-rectangular (say, a cockpit window). But rectangular
clipping is still pretty useful.