[SDL] Re: sdl GL with stencil buffer

Oliver Batchelor shadows at ihug.co.nz
Thu Apr 27 00:41:23 PDT 2000

Would a two passes algorithm be twice as slow ?
I am trying to make this quite fast for use in flying over a
landscape type thing ...
I have display lists for all the objects
and to do that I would need to stop using them...

To do the shadow and reflection I would still need stencil buffer or
it would go there no matter what even if nothing was there wouldnt it
?

so basically it would be better to do a double rendering rather than
use the gl multi texture ARB thing's.

thanks,
Oliver Batchelor