[SDL] NVIDIA driver

Dave dleimbac at phoenix.lhup.edu
Wed Apr 26 07:07:10 PDT 2000

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Daniel Vogel wrote:

> Joern Woerdehoff wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > i started with some OpenGL stuff with SDL (Win32 only now). Now i time
> > to update my Linux and do some porting. What is the current state of
> > the NVIDIA triver for Linux?
> >
> > Is it acclerated in the new XFree86 4.0?
Uhm... I have an Nvidia card and it is by no means an par with the windows
drivers from XF4.0.  You need to get other driver from UTAH GLX to even
have anything reasonable in the way of performance to run Quake 3 and
Unreal tornament.  I have yet to see anything decent come out of these
drivers but then again I haven't tried UTAH-GLX yet... :)