[SDL] quick 2D paralax scrolling

Sam Hart hart at physics.arizona.edu
Tue Apr 25 19:41:37 PDT 2000

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mattias Engdeg=E5rd?= wrote:

> What kind of game are you doing, BTW? Is it a space shooter? Please please...

No, good idea tho....

Actually, it's simply part of a sequence of self-taught lessons I'm
doing.... the game will be a simple mud, but I was thinking if I were to
do anything further with it, I'd like to add some elements I'd like to see
in muds... and I was thinkng back to all those classic cart RPGs (Phantasy
Star, FF, et al) and how fun some of those could be if they were presented
as open-ended muds.... or, how cool a mud could be if it had decent
graphics w/ parallax scrolling and such ;)..... nothing as ambitious as
World Forge and the like, tho....

--
Sam Hart <hart at physics.arizona.edu> http://www.physics.arizona.edu/~hart/
Web Page Highlights: Video Game History, Black Hole Simulation, & more.