[SDL] Conditions variables and semaphores in SDL

Sam Lantinga slouken at devolution.com
Wed Apr 19 18:46:36 PDT 2000

> AFAIK, the condition variables have been an integral part of libpthread from
> the beginning, so they should be available on glibc 2.0 as well. Though you
> had to install LinuxThreads on libc5...

There's a bug in LinuxThreads versions prior to glibc-2.1 in which threads
do not receive signals sent by the thread manager, resulting in hangs in
mutex and thread creation operations.  I'm assuming similar problems occur
with condition variables.

See ya,
	-Sam Lantinga, Lead Programmer, Loki Entertainment Software