[SDL] Conditions variables and semaphores in SDL

Sam Lantinga slouken at devolution.com
Wed Apr 19 17:46:07 PDT 2000

> I have only played with counting semaphores as are documented in Modern
> Operating Systems by Andrew Tanenbaum.  Is this the same thing?

> If so.... COOL.  I can't wait to play with this stuff!!!!

Yep, but it's at an unstable state until it's implemented on all platforms.

The condition variable stuff is the most tricky, since neither Win32 nor
BeOS nor Linux prior to glibc-2.1 have them implemented natively, and code
that I've found for BeOS and Win32 looks like it might have subtle bugs.

See ya,
	-Sam Lantinga, Lead Programmer, Loki Entertainment Software