[SDL] Re: extension for 2D with DRI

Martin Donlon akawaka at csn.ul.ie
Sat Apr 15 04:18:36 PDT 2000

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mattias Engdeg=E5rd?= wrote:

> >I don't really believe in this. If you can make 51 fps on a monitor
> >going at 80 Hz, that will be better than 40 fps. Of course, the game
> >logic has to compensate the time properly!
>
> For a 3D shooter you are probably right --- they show a remarkable
> tolerance to low frame rates and even tearing. But for a 2D game I'm
> not so sure. Consider:
Hmmm...dunno what kinda 3d shooters your playing but in my neck of the
woods we always accept speed orver image quality. Quake is *always* played
with all fancy graphics off so you get a constant 70fps and everything
that needs to be turned off in Quake 3 is turned off until we get a
constant 60fps

Long live the confused,
                  Akawaka.
--
Bother, said Pooh, as he deleted his message base.