[SDL] My god...

Andreas Hofmeister ahofmeister at t-online.de
Sat Apr 15 00:34:34 PDT 2000

> Test configuration: Dual 600 MHz PIII, Voodoo 3 3000
>
> XFree86 3.3.5, latest CVS SDL and SMPEG:
> Asynchronous shared memory updates (16 bpp, no conversion):
> (futurama.102.mpg)      44 FPS pixel doubled
>
> XFree86 4.0, latest CVS SDL and SMPEG:
> Asynchronous shared memory updates (16 bpp, no conversion):
> (futurama.102.mpg)      80 FPS pixel doubled
>
> Wow.  Kudos to the XFree86 development team. :)

Yeah, thats really fantastic, but XFree 4 has to be completed first, bevore we
can realy use it in our games. We can´t use a driver, that hasn´t the
stability or the hardware support it should have. I think we should wait
until XFree 4 is really finished and stable and ....  than we can use it
seriously.

So, that was all for now