[SDL] Chat

Martin Donlon akawaka at csn.ul.ie
Sat Apr 29 04:30:28 PDT 2000

Mattias Engdegård wrote:

> No, TV-converted movies in Europe play at 25fps. Yes, they go too fast, and no,
> nobody notices. One doubled frame per second *would* be noticed.

That means when I spend 10 years in front of my TV watching US movies
here, a person in the US had to waste 10 years 15 days and 5 hours to
consume the same amount :)

BTW, doesn't this faster playback impose a problem with sound timing? I
mean, shouldn't the sound go out of sync with the movie then? Or do they
play the sound faster too???

--
Daniel Vogel                           My opinions may have changed,
666 @ http://grafzahl.de               but not the fact that I am right