[SDL] Re: extension for 2D with DRI

Mattias Engdegård f91-men at nada.kth.se
Fri Apr 14 09:08:47 PDT 2000

>You mean, with a TV tuner in your PC? Or on a real TV?

Yes, a tuner for a PC monitor, or a TV to digital video converter.
As I understand it, combining two half-frames yields a frame where the
scan lines come from different time points, so it's not really accurate.
Perhaps this doesn't show at all, given the quality of regular PAL (not to
mention NTSC). I suppose that all points of a half-frame are not sampled
at the same time either, so to simulate an analog TV completely, you
have to keep track of the electron beam, phosphorous afterglow, etc :)

Sorry, I guess this has a fatally decreasing SDL content...