[SDL] Arianne 0.3.6.2

x5101920 at fedro.ugr.es x5101920 at fedro.ugr.es
Thu Apr 27 09:14:57 PDT 2000

Hello ! :)

I noticed that my program crashes with an X-error if I blit to outside
the screen. Would be what I expect, had I not turned on clipping.
If I do a:
SDL_SetClipping(mysprite, 10, 10, 629, 469) on a screen of 640x480
then my sprite is not seen in the 10-pixel border, but the program
aborts when it moves outside the screen.
Or just blit it at 1000,0 or something. Should the clipping not
take care of that ?
I have SDL1.1.1 (the 1.1.2-announcement doesn't mention this though),
on XFree3.3.x.

All the best,
rob

PS: the docs say:
  "Note that blits are automatically clipped to the edges of the source
   and destination surfaces."
which sort of answers my last question above, and turns it into a real
bug-report :)