[SDL] Re: Want to see something scary?

Pierre Phaneuf pphaneuf at sx.nec.com
Thu Apr 13 12:29:30 PDT 2000

Hays Clark wrote:

> PlayStation 2 is no big lose in my opinion.  For what I here it really
> isn't that great compared to Dolphin of even DreamCast when it comes
> down to graphic.  Like Playstation on there is no Anti_Aliasing build
> in so graphics have sharp edges. And there is very little video ram.
> I for get how much, but I heard that it was lower then DreamCast.
>
> Either way... I could be totally wrong... but I do know that they had
> to Recall most of the PS2 because of bad Ram.

Antialiasing is not that important IMHO, particularly on a television
screen (which is really blurry anyway, so much for the "sharp edges"!)
and on high resolution monitors (like 1024x768 and up, the pixels are so
small that it is barely visible).

I don't know for the amount of video memory, but I think the PS2 were
recalled because of a bug in the DVD player that allowed playing back
DVDs from other countries (which is not supposed to happen, for some
stupid reason). Check your sources!

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Systems Exorcist