[SDL] SDL_mixer / win32 and DirectSound error

Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer markus.oberhumer at jk.uni-linz.ac.at
Thu Apr 13 04:22:35 PDT 2000

I've reported this some time ago - this happens if you
have DirectX3 installed.

In the meantime I'm using the patch below in my personally
built SDL version that is shipping with PySol.

Markus

On 13-Apr-2000 A. Umbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A few of my users reported problems with gltron on win32.
> It fails upon
>
>   if(Mix_OpenAudio(22050, AUDIO_U16, 1, 1024) < 0) {
>     fprintf(stderr, "can't open audio: %s\n", SDL_GetError());
>     exit(2);
>   }
>
> The error returned by SDL_GetError is:
>
> DirectSound CreateSoundBuffer: Invalid parameter
>
> I found a mail in the mailinglist archive, reporting this
> problem with DirectX 3, but one user reported that he was
> using DirectX 6.1
>
> Does anyone have experience with this problem?
>
> - Andreas
> --
> Check out my 3D lightcycle game: http://www.gltron.org
> More than 60'000 Downloads of the latest version (0.53)

----   Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer  @  http://oberhumer.tsx.org   ----
----     5E CB 5C 85 DE AF 9E BF  E9 DA 7E 6A 39 F8 CC 67     ----

                      3 WARPS TO URANUS