[SDL] Problems downloading SDL_mixer-win32

Jeff Schmidt jschmid at uakron.edu
Tue Apr 25 12:08:29 PDT 2000

>I use no opcodes. I store only lengths:
>[SKIP-LENGTH] [COPY-LENGHT] [DATA...] [SKIP-LENGTH] [COPY-LENGHT] [DATA...]

That might be even better, though as you noted you have to wrap runs across
scan lines. It would be very interesting to benchmark the different methods
against each other.

I haven't found a good way for blitting text, though - I'm still doing
colour-keyed blitting with a test for each pixel. It is tempting to
use some RLE variant for this as well; has anyone tried it?