[SDL] Re: Non US keyboards

Emmanuel Anne emanne at absysteme.fr
Wed Apr 12 03:11:45 PDT 2000

Jess wrote:

> where dies sdl stand when it comes to non US keyboards? (specifically
> french, some guy emailed me asking for me add support for em (email
> quoted bellow)
>

> > Hello.
> >    I'm french and so I got a FR keyboard but I can't
> >    configure keys to change weapons (1234... which are &é"'...)
> >    Can you port lsdldoom to the french ketboard please.
> >    Bye.

I have a french keyboard also, and it works !!!
Actually, when the game initialises, it can not detect the 1,2,3... keys
of cours, since they are &é"... But if you go in the options and
customize all that, it works fine.
I am actually trying to use this trick in legacy doom, which makes a
direct access via X to the keyboard, and which can't make any
distinction between the 2 key and... the left arrow !!!