[SDL] Truetype vs bitmapped fonts? Opinions?

Mattias Engdegård f91-men at nada.kth.se
Tue Apr 11 17:04:00 PDT 2000

>> Even with a separate paint_clipped_sprite()?
>
>Mmmm, no. :)
>
>Hmm, want to improve SDL_RLEaccel.c? :)

If I get some time, I might :-) But I'd have to do some extensive timing
to make sure it's worth it.

Also I observed that SDL interleaves pixel data and opcodes in the same byte
stream. In my code I put the opcodes in a separate sequence, so that the
pixel data will always be aligned. It probably eats another register when
decoding, but I figured the raw data copy would be faster. I need to do more
timing I guess :-)

-- Mattias