[SDL] SMPEG + OpenGL

Uriah Liggett game_dev at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 20 12:26:30 PDT 2000

> I tried using a 32 bpp image and it is faster now.
> SDL_BlitSurface takes 50 ms and the SDL_UpdateRects takes
> another 30 ms. Still not fast enough though.
> x11perf -shmput500 says it takes 22.9 ms to put a 500x500 image.

That seems very wrong.  What depth is your display set to?
SDL_BlitSurface() shouldn't take 50 ms for even a 1024x768 blit, since
it's using inline assembly version of memcpy(), unless it's doing a
complicated unoptimized conversion blit (which almost never happens)

What is the output of the testvidinfo program in the test subdirectory?

What's the output of cat /proc/cpuinfo?

See ya,
	-Sam Lantinga, Lead Programmer, Loki Entertainment Software