[SDL] i am starting afresh

William Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Apr 10 09:29:48 PDT 2000

> hello, i am a 19 year-old programmer and i am trying to
> learn SDL APIs as an alternative to DirectX on linux
> stations... SDL is fairly simple and it seems to be as
> powerful as his proprietary equivalent... So i would be
> glad if someone could tell me some tricks... i do not know
> if i am to write a fast graphics primitive library in order
> to complete that API... (I think I must), and I have not
> been able to find an exhaustive explaination of the
> programming interface, even if i should have red the
> sources. I thank anyone that could help me in advance...
> have fun !

Look at the example code, that will help.

Also, I have an ok set of tutorials that I've presented to the Linux Users'
Group I'm part of, and (just a few days ago) to the Game Design Club I
started.

Go to:  http://www.lugod.org/presentations/

And look for the two on SDL.

-bill!

Speaking of example code... maybe I should look at it and maybe document it,
a la type-in programs form old magazines.  That and add more /* comments */...
(oh crap, I was gonna do joystick docs... shoot!)