[SDL] OT: TCP/IP

Eduardo B. Fonseca ebf at cwb.fnn.net
Thu Apr 20 09:51:27 PDT 2000

> Currently the Niko
> program does not "see" Open Windows and Icons but I was hoping to modify
> the programs so that the Kitten would interact with the Edges and Tops
> of windows (i.e., it could lay down on top of a window and rub up
> against or scratch the sides of windows.)  I believe that Icons would be
> harder to detect because of the KDE vs Gnome Issues.  Mainly I was
> hoping for the windows Aware program.

You probably want to write this directly in Xlib, so you can take full
advantage of knowing the position and state of other windows on the desktop.
You could get this information via the SDL_syswm.h API's, but it's probably
better to do this kind of thing directly in X.

SDL also doesn't currently support shaped windows, although it may in the
future.

See ya!
	-Sam Lantinga, Lead Programmer, Loki Entertainment Software