[SDL] Re: SDL hangs on SDL_Init

Daniel Vogel 666 at grafzahl.de
Thu Apr 6 10:54:24 PDT 2000

"David R. Hayes" wrote:

> Hey Sam,
>     I tried it and it was no go... / = Still freezing in the same place.
> Argh. I'm the one that's running X ver. 3.3.5... would upgrading X be an
> answer? I tried running at different resolutions (I'm at 1280 x 1024 at 32
> bpp) and it still hanged on the SDL_Init call.

Sam once mentioned that using the vidmode extension remote with 3.3.5
would hang the system. Upgrading to 3.3.6 is definitely worth a try
(using vidmode remote works on both G400 and TNT for me).

--
Daniel Vogel                           My opinions may have changed,
666 @ http://grafzahl.de               but not the fact that I am right