[SDL] SDL + GL + X + GeForce = lock

Nicholas Vining vining at pacificcoast.net
Wed Apr 5 17:08:49 PDT 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenton Varda <temporal at gauge3d.org>
Newsgroups: loki.open-source.sdl
To: sdl at lokigames.com <sdl at lokigames.com>
Date: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 3:23 PM
Subject: [SDL] SDL + GL + X + GeForce = lock

>I have an nVidia GeForce 256 (Guillemont 3D Prophet DDR-DVI).  I am
>trying to use it with SDL GL.  All of the OpenGL test programs lock up X
>to the point that I have to reboot.  This is under RedHat 6.1 with the
>GeForce drivers from nVidia.  At least one frame is always drawn before
>the lock occurs.  Sometimes, it stays up for a few seconds.
>
>I highly doubt that this is SDL's fault.  It is probably just the fact
>that nVidia's current Linux support sucks.  :)  However, non-SDL
>programs do not have this problem.  I am just curious to know if anyone
>has any ideas.

Ehrmm... what version of SDL are you using? A problem was fixed with the SDL
GL version a while ago which caused locks under Utah-GLX, it might be the
same thing. If not, I'll try to contact you on ICQ and we can do the wierd
debugging thing 'till we get a cause. :-)

>-Kenton Varda

Nicholas
--
Nicholas Vining         "While you're out there struggling
vining at pacificcoast.net  with your computer, I'm naked,