[SDL] My god...

Sam Lantinga hercules at lokigames.com
Fri Apr 14 14:17:52 PDT 2000

thats what glMame is for

wonder how slow bilinear filtering would be in SDL.....

hmmm...Would probably be too slow...but maybe if I used
glDrawPixels()/glReadPixels() the OpenGL acceleration would help speed it
up.

Wow! This could be the *Ideal* solution to everyones problems. No matter
what they are!

:)

<duck and cover>

 On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, William Kendrick wrote:

> > I agree the snes9x emulator looks LOTS better with OpenGL. And it is
> > alot faster too.
>
> Hehe - I can maybe see a game console emulator looking better because
> I bet OpenGL would be much faster at rendering the artifacts one normally
> sees when playing video games on TV's.
>
> For example, an Atari 2600 emulator looks crappy, IMHO, because it's too
> crisp and perfect...
>
> I want to see static!  I want to see little fuzzy rectangular ghosts
> move up and down the screen as I twist the paddle left and right.
>
> (I mainly just want to be able to use a paddle on a PC under Linux,
> PERIOD. ;) )
>
> -bill!

Long live the confused,
                  Akawaka.
--
Bother! said Pooh, as Yoda told him of another Pooh.