[SDL] When will there be blitting support when using OpenGL

vining at pacificcoast.net vining at pacificcoast.net
Wed Apr 5 12:36:16 PDT 2000

>I agree the snes9x emulator looks LOTS better with OpenGL. And it is
>alot faster too.

On what system, on what hardware, and what were they using before? I bet it
doesn't look better on my brother's P/233 in software mode, but it might be
better on my friend Quetzal's P/133 with a Voodoo 2.

You can't attribute that to the superiority of OpenGL versus whatever it was
before, or a speed increase. I suspect that on many cards it'd just be painful,
and for all I know the original implementation might have been written in
embedded Perl. Which, judging by how much zsnes kicks snes9x's butt, might be a
very distinct possibility.

Cheers,

Nicho