[SDL] When will there be blitting support when using OpenGL

William Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Apr 5 12:25:29 PDT 2000

> I agree the snes9x emulator looks LOTS better with OpenGL. And it is
> alot faster too.

Hehe - I can maybe see a game console emulator looking better because
I bet OpenGL would be much faster at rendering the artifacts one normally
sees when playing video games on TV's.

For example, an Atari 2600 emulator looks crappy, IMHO, because it's too
crisp and perfect...

I want to see static!  I want to see little fuzzy rectangular ghosts
move up and down the screen as I twist the paddle left and right.

(I mainly just want to be able to use a paddle on a PC under Linux,
PERIOD. ;) )

-bill!