[SDL] When will there be blitting support when using OpenGL

William Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Apr 5 11:41:19 PDT 2000

> Sure, but what game doesn't work in some sort of three-dimensional
> space? Even side scrollers have parallax, etc.

Pac Mac. :)  Space Invaders.  Tetris. :)

> Tut, tut If I were making an isometric game like Diablo right now, I'd
> use OpenGL.

I think it'd be much easier (and faster and less dependant on special
hardware (ie, VooDoo)) to just blit the isometric tiles onto the screen.

Does Diablo use/require enhanced 3D software/hardware? (I don't know,
since I don't use Windows.)  I doubt it, honestly, since my roommate used
to play it on her old Pentium 133 w/ no fancy hardware.

-bill!