[SDL] Some FAQs probably

Sam Lantinga slouken at devolution.com
Tue Apr 4 22:09:22 PDT 2000

> 1) Seems that, when cross-compiling to Win32, stdout/stderr are redirected
> to text files, and even text-only SDL programs detach themselves from the
> shell. How to circumvent this?

include src/main/win32/SDL_main.c in your own application and edit it to
change the standard I/O redirection.  Remember not to link with SDLmain.lib
if you do this.

> 2) How do I (cleanly) make a timer create an event? Can user-defined event
> types be created?

Yes, as of SDL 1.1.
See SDL_event.h and look for USEREVENT and SDL_PushEvent()

See ya!
	-Sam Lantinga, Lead Programmer, Loki Entertainment Software