[SDL] fast draw

Dave dleimbac at phoenix.lhup.edu
Mon Apr 3 06:05:07 PDT 2000

It may take more memory and is sure to be considered a micro-optimsation
but (LOOK BELOW FOR COMMENTS IN YOUR CODE)

On Sun, 2 Apr 2000, Robert Clayton wrote:

> I'm writing a tile scrolling game, and was just wondering if I'm updating my
> screen the fastest possible way.
>
> 	imagebmp = SDL_LoadBMP(filename);
> 	image = SDL_DisplayFormat(imagebmp);
> 	SDL_FreeSurface(imagebmp);
>

>         for(int x = 0; x<10; x++)
>             for(int y = 0; y<10; y++)
>             {
>         	rectangle.x = x;
>         	rectangle.y = y;
//Instead of looking up the indexed image 100 times yoo could
//look it up before you enter the loop and just stor it in your rectagle
//I don't see anywhere in either for loop that changes the value of index.