[SDL] MINGW32 and SDL

Tim Oertel toertel at rpa.net
Sat Apr 1 15:05:28 PST 2000

Dave wrote:

> Which is easier..?
>
> Doing a cross compile from linux to build the dll's for mingw32 to work
> with or building them natively with mingw32?

I do all my work native win32, with mingw32.  I had problems setting
up mingw32 to build DirectX apps initially, but got that straightened
out.  Moving to SDL was very easy, once I got the link line right. ;)
  Also, I use MKS tools so I've got a Unixy environment on win32 too,
helps makes things bearable.

> I have no problems doing all cross compiles except that I have to reboot
> to test it out...  Also I need to go over the docs to see how difficult it
> is to setg it all up on Windows.  I want to make sure that the stuff I am
> writing is portable at least to the Windows95/98/2000 platforms....

I'd certainly recommend setting up a native environment while doing any
porting.

> Dave

Tim

--
"Though you die, La Resistance lives on" - SP:BL&U