[SDL] Re: xlib (xvideo ext.)

Andre Werthmann wertmann at ati10.cs.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Apr 1 10:04:44 PST 2000

On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Jessica Reznor wrote:

> Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> >
> >     Does anyone know where a good place to start learning how to write x
> > applications using the xlib?  Also where can I find information on the
> > xvideoextension?  A URL maybe?  Or a book?  OR someone to contact?
> >
> >     -Ben
>
> Hi there.
> I would like if anyoune help me to find useful information on how to
> program using videoextensions for x.
> Thanks.
> --
> With best regards Razor.X.Jackie
> 	"The choise is yours... walk now and live or stay and die"

I have written a small testprogram that uses the xvideo extension. It
tests the available video adapters, outputs its informations and
displays a window with a small color effect. It uses hardware yuv->rgb
colorspace conversation and scaling/filtering if available.
(the url is: "http://www.cs.uni-potsdam.de/~wertmann/xv/")
There are also some docs about the xvideo extension I found in the xf4
distribution.

You can also look into xawtv version 3.x. It uses the xv extension to
display image data, to do the colorspace conversation and to scale the
image data.
(url: "http://me.in-berlin.de/~kraxel/xawtv.html")

I hope this helps a bit.
bye,