[SDL] SDL_mixer + SDL_RWops

matt at campbellhome.dhs.org matt at campbellhome.dhs.org
Sun Apr 9 21:00:31 PDT 2000

> Currently to load data from a data file using SDL_mixer or to convert it
> and then load it using SDL_mixer you have to use the dirty hack of
> writing it to a temp file and then reading it.the best solution for
> fixing this seems to be to rewrite it to use SDL_RWops. is anyone
> curently working on doing this? and is it alright to rewrite the stuff
> in the timidity directory?

I am also interested in this - I had been pondering messing with the mikmod
directory.  It loads wave files with SDL_RWops, I believe - it is only the
3rd-party MID & MOD support that is file-dependent.

If nobody else is already doing this, I think I'll try to convert the mikmod
directory to SDL_RWops.

-Matt