[SDL] Yet more probably OT LGPL questions and comments.

Jeremy Peterson jeremy at phantomefx.com
Tue Apr 4 21:22:57 PDT 2000

Further pursing license compliance, I've determined that I can't use the
stdc++ library, because it is licensed under the GPL and I can't
distribute an application that links to both a GPL and an LGPL'd library
because it creates an impossible legal situation. I'm using the stlport
library as a replacement ( Highly recommended BTW, it makes compile
times go though the roof, being a template library, but performance and
standards compliance is there. )

That leaves libc6 as the only library I haven't really looked into. Its
LGPL'd so I plan on doing the same thing with it as the other libraries.

I was curious in particular as to how other commercial linux products
have dealt with this particular library. I have't seen anyone include
the source to libc6 on either their website or a their software's
distribution.

A question for Sam I guess: How did Loki deal with the libc6 library
and/or other LGPL'd libraries the software you folks ported relied on?