[SDL] Audio question

Simon Gornall simon at unique-id.com
Tue Apr 4 12:22:13 PDT 2000

Hi all,

I've just managed to get the audio part of a threaded audio/video client
working on NT, and it all works great (yay! :-) apart from one last (but
important :-( thing...

Is there a recommended way of shutting down the Audio subsystem cleanly?

I've got a few threads running (posix ones, I started this project some
time before coming across SDL threads) + the SDL audio stuff running.
Every now and then (1 time in 4 or 5) the program shuts down, presumably
without cleanly closing down the audio... the next time you try to run,
the audio system is "in use" <sulk!>

Anyone had a similar experience. Is there a guaranteed function that
will be called (on NT) which I can use to close down audio ? Do I
just need to write better code ?

Any help appreciated.

ATB,
	Simon.