[SDL] POSIX.4-style timers?

Rafael R. Sevilla 94-22131 rsevilla at eee.upd.edu.ph
Mon Aug 23 12:12:37 PDT 1999

Will SDL include support for POSIX.4-style interval timers (just like
there are wrappers for POSIX.4a threads)?  I'm working on a small
real-time 3D animation package (which will later on become the core of a
simple constraint-based modeling system) and need this sort of
functionality if it's going to be serious, e.g. timer overruns mean our
effective frame rate has gone down.  I'm thinking of ways to kluge around
this in a non-POSIX.4 system like Linux 2.2.x glibc2, but again that means
the system becomes less portable, and portability is very important for
this project.  And I think it's very useful for game programming in
general (as most games are real-time things).

| Rafael R. Sevilla                            rsevilla at eee.upd.edu.ph |
|           Instrumentation, Robotics, and Control Laboratory          |
|    College of Engineering, University of the Philippines, Diliman    |