[SDL] Win32 SDL sound frequency

Dave Ashley (SDL list) sdl at xdr.com
Sat Aug 21 11:19:14 PDT 1999

When I try playing back a sound at 10000 hz on win32 SDL it comes out at
a much higher frequency. If I switch it to 11025, ie CD rate/4, it works but
isn't the frequency I wanted (which was 10000). What gives? Are we given
freedom of frequency only so long as it is a factor of 44100?

Works fine at 10000 under linux of course.

Then there is the whole business of O_BINARY on opening files. Real hassle,
especially since no one defines O_BINARY to 0 on linux. Yet another case of
#if !defined(__WIN32__)
#define O_BINARY 0
#endif

-Dave