[SDL] What does update rects really do???

Daniel Tabuenca dtabuenc at cs.ucr.edu
Fri Aug 20 22:54:30 PDT 1999

	Just curious as to what update rectangles function really does? If I
do writes to the screen buffer (or any other buffer) do these not really get
written to the buffer until I call SDL_UpdateRect?? If not what really goes on?
Are they being cached somewhere so that it can all be done at one time (kind
of like doing a bunch of gl calls and doing gl_Flush() ?? Can I rely on this?
If I write to the buffer  can I rely on it  not being displayed until I call
SDL_UpdateRect???