[SDL] SDL vs. X

Warren Downs warren at businesslink.com
Mon Aug 30 11:21:33 PDT 1999

That's the normal message.  But if you do a "netstat -n | grep unix" and if you
have a list of connected UNIX domain sockets, most likely they're connected to
your X server.

I guess I was confusing SysV IPC and UNIX domain sockets.  UNIX domain sockets
are local, high perf connections, though.  And DGA is a shared-memory solution
for even higher performance (albeit only when running as root).

Warren