[SDL] XServer for SDL ?

Warren Downs warren at businesslink.com
Fri Aug 27 11:29:49 PDT 1999

Agreed with comments below.  I believe the one with the two hour time limit was
StarNet communications' X server X-Win32 (http://www.starnet.com/).  Their list
price is $200.

Another option I've considered is:
1. Use the VNC server back end (Xvnc) recompiled to run on Windows.
2. Use the VNC client to connect to this *local* copy of VNC server.
3. X clients connect to the VNC server running locally.

This avoids the problem VNC has of time consuming frame buffer transfers, and
instead uses X's somewhat more efficient protocol (which transfers drawing
commands most of the time, unless you have bitmaps to transfer).

I haven't tried this, but it's an idea you may wish to try.  The VNC source code
is available at their site (mentioned in earlier messages).

Warren