[SDL] XServer for SDL ?

Warren Downs warren at businesslink.com
Thu Aug 26 15:11:36 PDT 1999

Re: non root application can take over the display (switch resolution and
possibly depth).

If you write your own X server, you can do this.  Basically, the X server runs
as root, and can pass on whatever capabilities it desires, to the end user.
XFree86 isn't very flexible about what capabilities it can pass on, but you
could write an X server that was.

Warren