[SDL] Anyway around SDL_UpdateRect?

John Garrison jeg at visi.net
Thu Aug 26 19:35:08 PDT 1999

> You shouldn't need to do both update rects and a flip.
> The flip takes the place of a fullscreen update.
> BTW, I got 40 FPS on your example program, using my Pentium 300.

See, I don't really understand for the most part why people complain
about speed. I mean the ex2 demos could be alot faster with selective
updating but I've always thought that that kind of thing was up to the
libs users, well I guess I was wrong so as I said before now my sprite
routines will use selective updating. (also ex2.c only moves on pixel
per frame so It might look slow)