[SDL] Anyway around SDL_UpdateRect?

Sam Lantinga slouken at devolution.com
Thu Aug 26 17:07:04 PDT 1999

> Is this the same type of direct hardware acceleration that is coming in
> the next X-server release?

Yup, XFree86 4.0

> > > Does anybody have any examples of a doublebuffer implementation in SDL?
> >
> > If I get a chance, I'll whip up an example.
> >

> I had one but I had to use SDL_UpdateRects which locked me at that
> 27fps.

You shouldn't need to do both update rects and a flip.
The flip takes the place of a fullscreen update.
BTW, I got 40 FPS on your example program, using my Pentium 300.

> Again sorry

Thanks, its nice that the SDL list is a usually welcoming forum.
I do completely understand your feeling. :)

	-Sam Lantinga				(slouken at devolution.com)

Lead Programmer, Loki Entertainment Software
--
"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature"
						 -- Rich Kulawiec