[SDL] Posting policy

Vaclav Slavik slavik2 at czn.cz
Thu Aug 26 09:55:22 PDT 1999

"Dave Ashley (SDL list)" wrote:

> >Certainly not factor of CD s.r. ... 44100, 88200, 132300... doesn't make much
> >sense to me :-))
> >Vasek
>
> You're listing multiples of 44100, not factors of 44100.

Oops. I should rather shut up if I don't know the language... ;-(

> Anyway the code originated using a sample rate of 10,000 and direct
> writes to the soundblaster hardware (msdos). Then I converted the sound
> code to linux and kept the sampling rate the same and it worked. Then
> going to SDL linux sound it worked fine. Just didn't work right under
> win32 SDL. So I switched to 11025 and lived with the higher pitches...
> I doubt if 8192 would have worked now since Sam said the mixing only works
> in factors of 44100.

I see. But it works under SDL/Linux so the problem MUST be either in win32 or
SDL-dx5 (if you don't use DIB version). I think I do remember some problems with
DirectX and arbitrary frequencies, but I can't say I'm 100% sure.
Wouldn't the easiest solution really be to convert your samples to 11025? You
could use SOX to convert it..

Vasek