[SDL] Posting policy

Sam Lantinga slouken at devolution.com
Thu Aug 26 11:36:56 PDT 1999

> >It's actually rate conversion that only works with multiples of 11025
> >If the underlying hardware supports the requested rate, no problem.
> >	-Sam Lantinga				(slouken at devolution.com)

> Hmmm. I don't know if I'm doing rate conversion. The code I'm speaking of
> is sdlscavenger and it's off of my web page
> http://www.xdr.com/dash/linux.html
> Follow the scavenger link.

> As far as I know it is just trying to output a sample. If rate conversion
> is involved I'm not explicitly requesting it. I'm not even familiar with
> that term as regards SDL...

If the underlying hardware does not support the requested rate, and you
pass NULL as the second argument to SDL_OpenAudio(), then SDL will try to
do rate conversion for you.

	-Sam Lantinga				(slouken at devolution.com)

Lead Programmer, Loki Entertainment Software
--
"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature"
						 -- Rich Kulawiec