[SDL] sensible optimization [was re: tile based _junk_]

Prasanth Kumar kumar1 at home.com
Fri Aug 20 18:21:18 PDT 1999

I read somewhere that movies can run at a low framerate because a video
camera captures the blurring effect when an object moves fast compared to
the camera speed. In a video game on the computer, the movement is discrete
and so you need to crank up the framerate to compensate for the lack of
blurring.