[SDL] Is there a 3D sound mixer?

Rafael R. Sevilla 94-22131 rsevilla at eee.upd.edu.ph
Mon Aug 23 12:01:10 PDT 1999

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Warren Downs wrote:

> How about write a "functionality" layer in C, then provide C++ wrapper classes
> to give it a nice object oriented package?

Personally, I'll wait until X3J16 has finally decided on what's included
in the C++ standard!  But at any rate I think this is a good idea.  IMHO,
C++ is becoming such a bloated language such that it's so hard to program
in it (the modern example of a Brooks-style second-system effect).  The
spirit of C has gone out of it it seems.  But I'll have to admit that it
does provide a very useful layer of abstraction, but somewhere along the
way something went wrong.  But I think some people can live with it, so
it will be useful to someone.  This way, we get the best of both worlds.